CRAFTBOUND - A Text Adventure

Create or play along with forum-based, fan-made, play-by-post adventures here!
Sylandrophol
Pronouns: she/they
Classpect: Rogue Of Space
Moon: Prospit

CRAFTBOUND - A Text Adventure

Post by Sylandrophol » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:51 pm

Somewhere, out in interstellar space, within the furthest reaches of an unnamed galaxy-spanning troll civilization--lies a derelict vessel known as the AXEVENDOR, but somehow, by some miracle of troll engineering, it's still drifting along. Although no longer on it's intended flight path, something it hasn't been on in who-knows-how-long, it flashes a distress signal--albeit incomprehensible and junk data, as it aimlessly heads towards stellar clouds of gas.

It seems like the crew of the AXEVENDOR, whoever they might've been, has long since painlessly perished in cryogenic sleep--to keep them in stasis until they have arrived at the destination of their mission--whatever it might've been.

However, one troll seemed to survive. A troll bearing the symbol of AQUITTARIUS, the enigma. With an almost deafening hiss compared to the empty ambience of the cryogenic stasis block, the troll stumbles out of the pod. As she coughs, and sputters some expletives under her breath, it seems the stasis--and being awakened from it, has made her memory foggy, as she can't remember her name.

What is this mysterious troll's name?
all i do is be thembo, love girls, listen to radio head, drink soda, eat hot chip and lie
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

JakeMorph

Re: CRAFTBOUND - A Text Adventure

Post by JakeMorph » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:12 am

RATSEL RINCOD
mod on the mspa wiki

Sylandrophol

Post by Sylandrophol » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:09 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:12 am
RATSEL RINCOD
RASTEL RINCOD, Rastel Rincod.

You repeat that several times, more times than you're willing to admit under your breath. But if you're a fish girl and you have no idea where the hell you are, and unsure if you're even alone--you think it gets a pass for now.

It seems after clamoring out of the cyrogenic stasis pod--albiet moreso ejected if anything else, you're just sort of lying on a catwalk. Alot of expensive-looking piping and machinery lines the floor below the catwalk, and the ceiling above. Light fixtures are sporadically yet evenly distributed along the area you're in and seem to be flickering. Doing some mental notes, the whole area is low on power for what you gather and--GOOD TROLL GODS IS IT COLD IN HERE.

Right! If you don't want to succumb to the elements in wherever-the-fuck-you-are, you have to get moving and address the local environment more. Also, to make a mental note to change into more warmer clothes than: A (fairly) loose t-shirt with a tank top underneath, a jacket tied around your waist, leggings, an sneakers.

What will you do now?
all i do is be thembo, love girls, listen to radio head, drink soda, eat hot chip and lie
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

OceanicVioletblood
Pronouns: She/her

Post by OceanicVioletblood » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:16 pm

===>: Look around and see if there are any others, maybe?
please show me seadwellers

Sylandrophol

Post by Sylandrophol » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:58 pm

OceanicVioletblood wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:16 pm
===>: Look around and see if there are any others, maybe?
You proceed to get up, and examine the environment around you. Rows and rows of of cyrogenic stasis pods line the hallway, which goes down for a couple of yards, and the hallway ends at a pretty sci-fi looking door. The remainder of the cyrogenic stasis pods seem inactive and unopened.

As you proceed to investigate to see if there's any other trolls around--or if you can activate the pods, you stick your face up to the glass of a pod near you.

All you can see is a troll, floating in a medical-looking bodysuit, and wearing an oxygen mask of sorts. You investigate around more, and see that virtually every pod in the hall contains trolls similar to the one you saw. No apparatus to activate the pods either, but you feel like even if you could activate said pods--the trolls in them wouldn't be of much use, if any, really, as they've been out to lunch, and otherwise, in Troll Layman's terms: dead.

You should keep moving, as there's honestly not much more to do here.
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Try to remember where the Axevendor's engine room and cockpit are.
mod on the mspa wiki

Sylandrophol

Post by Sylandrophol » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:07 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:00 pm
Try to remember where the Axevendor's engine room and cockpit are.
Axevendor? What Axevendor?

On another note, Axevendor seems very familliar to you. Either that or you're just a dumbass and read it somewhere--like on the cyrogenic stasis pods. Yeah, that's where you read it. You think.

You see the dim light of a small computer, well PDA screen. Somebody left their PDA in here, and if it's a PDA or whatever data storage cybernetic journal schmeckledorfery, it most likely has directions and layouts to help you navigate--and with that, you can locate the engine room and the cockpit.

Proceeding to walk towards the abandoned PDA, you decide to pick it up, and boot it up.

The PDA flickers to life, and while fairly rudimentary for a device, you are greeted with a wallpaper, and three options, MAP, LOGS, and MESSAGES. Promptly, to find out where the hell you are (apart from the obvious fact that you are currently in a cryogenic stasis bay), you tap the MAP button.

Unfortunately, the MAP function seems to have corrupted, probably due to the PDA being out where it is for as long as it has, and needs to relog the layout of the craft, which is something you have to do on your own. Just your luck!

As you close out the MAP function, the MESSAGE button chimes to life, revealing that there is a few new recent messages that have arrived.
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

OceanicVioletblood
Pronouns: She/her

Post by OceanicVioletblood » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:03 pm

Open up them messages! See what's goin on.
please show me seadwellers

Sylandrophol

Post by Sylandrophol » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:58 pm

OceanicVioletblood wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:03 pm
Open up them messages! See what's goin on.
You proceed to flick to the MESSAGES button/tab/whathave you. Seems that there's quite a few messages down there for you to read.
MESSAGELOG
Show
ANTONE: Oh thank god I'm not the only one here that's left on this withering husk of a empire-commissioned space exploration vessel.

ANTONE: Okay! That might be *alot* to take in, considering I don't know who or what you are!

ANTONE: Considering ever since the incident, those things have been roaming this ship and have been for--actually, let me check.

ANTONE: Exactly 147 solar sweeps.

ANTONE: It's a miracle that the Axevendor's automated repair function hasn't been absolutely busted by this point, considering they've been running amok and getting into anything, and everything that they can get into.

ANTONE: Power... It's been critically low, and i've been firewalled out of the ship's engine core.

ANTONE: Right! I should properly introduce myself, considering you're wondering "Bloody damn well, who is this git?".

ANTONE: My name is ANTONE and i'm the Axevendor's primary commissioned AI. And if you're a proper flesh-and-blood troll on the other end of this PDA, I am able to help you, and get you out of this mess.
You have the urge to reply to the messages.
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

MP the OP OG
Pronouns: She/Her/they/them
Classpect: Mage of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by MP the OP OG » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:06 pm

>demand that the AI tell you how to get out of here
Many thoughts head full (but most of the thoughts are shitposts)

Morphimus
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Dutton of Mutton

Post by Morphimus » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:26 pm

> Ask Antone what these things are that are "roaming the ship."
Hellooooo MSPA Forums. :pranky:

Image Image Image

Morphimus

Post by Morphimus » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:05 am

I made fanart. I hope you enjoy. :chummy:
Click here to show fanart
Show
I kinda had to guess on the horn shape, hair style, clothing colors, etc.

Image Image Image

Sylandrophol

Post by Sylandrophol » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Morphimus wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:05 am
I made fanart. I hope you enjoy. :chummy:
Click here to show fanart
Show
I kinda had to guess on the horn shape, hair style, clothing colors, etc.
OOC post: hell yeah! thank you so much ksjrghgjeklrsrgs, that kicks ass dude. sorry if there hasn't been any upd8's recently, life has vibe checked me and i did not pass it

--

MP the OP OG wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:06 pm
>demand that the AI tell you how to get out of here
Morphimus wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:26 pm
> Ask Antone what these things are that are "roaming the ship."
As you sigh, you start writing up on the PDA--a brief moment of contemplative snark passes through your thinkpan, and albiet you most definitely want to get the fuck out of here as soon as you can. Knowing you however, even in potentially dire and unanimously life-threatening situations--your quick wit always gives way, although more often than not, it makes things ten times worse.

You chalk it up to just how your luck is. Anyways. You have an AI to talk to and directions to get the fuck out of dodge here, so you should do that. Also ask about whatever's roaming the ship too. That seems important
MESSAGELOG
Show
RATSEL: ok cool if you can get me out of this mess then you better get to explaining AI boy

RATSEL: like, really soon

RATSEL: also i want to know what exactly the FUCK are the things that are "roaming the ship"

RATSEL: also like really soon

ANTONE: Well! You're very quick to the point so I wont bullshit around much.

ANTONE: As I said, I've been firewalled out of the ship's engine core, so I need someone to go there and activate the auxiliary power supply.

ANTONE: From there, if you want to me to bail you from this mess--considering that the auxiliary power should be built up enough by that point, access to the captain's quarters and the flight deck should be very easy. However the journey there? Not so much.

ANTONE: However! You should be able to get access to the emergency deck from there, and when you reach the emergency deck, you'll be able to escape pod out of here and await imperial rescue. Which would arrive fairly quickly! I assume. Hopefully.

RATSEL: ok cool and very helpful but that doesn't answer my question about the things that are roaming the ship

ANTONE: Ah. Those.

ANTONE: Crafty little old buggers, I tell you. I can *never* get a good look at them, they seem to have a special effect that distorts and shuts off the ship's security camera system.

ANTONE: From what I know, they're big. And varied. And nasty. Not good to invite over for boiled leaf juice and grub, if I'm going to be honest.

ANTONE: However, fortunately! There is no bio-signatures of them in this current sector of the Axevendor--uh, where you are atleast. But apart from that, the rest of the ship is crawling, so you might want to get moving and arm yourself.

ANTONE: Wait. Uh oh.

ANTONE: Ah shit, okay, yeah--sorry for the interruption but there's alot more pressing matters to deal on my end that i *can't* get into details about right now, so you're on your own here for the time being. Cheers!

--ANTONE is now inactive.--
The PDA bloops off after ANTONE's messages and rambling.

You feel like you should get moving and follow his advice, as you walk down the corridor and to the door.

As you open the door, you are greeted by a T-shaped. Right in front of you are stairs leading up to another floor (and a hallway, you'd assume.), and to your sides are short corridors with doors at the end of them. Where will you go?
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

Morphimus

Post by Morphimus » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:33 pm

> Take the stairs.
Spoiler
Show

Image Image Image

MP the OP OG

Post by MP the OP OG » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:28 pm

> go left

Sylandrophol

Post by Sylandrophol » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:29 pm

MP the OP OG wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:28 pm
> go left
You proceed to go left, and as you go down the hall--you are greeted by a door labeled "STORAGE CLOSET", and knowing the advice ANTONE gave you, most likely or not, there's going to be stuff in there that you can use to arm yourself, likely easily improvisable through bullshit shenanigans. So you enter the "STORAGE CLOSET", and unsurprisingly for a room with that label. It's a storage closet.

There's mostly junk here, but there's something that catches your eye. It's from within your mind, noone else can find--the life that you inspire, from another place, not from outer space, but some place even higher!

Unfortunatley, it's not Troll Rem Lezar however, it's the trusty sidearm for the Imperial Air Guard. That trusty sidearm being the COMPACT GYROFLECHETTE PISTOL. Nothing says "fuck you, i'm trying to survive out here!" like self-propelled flechettes that detonate upon impact coming towards you at ridiculously high speeds.

As you examine the COMPACT GYROFLECHETTE PISTOL and the area around it, you see that it's loaded, and it only has one magazine of ammo--and 8 rounds remaining in said magazine(which is fairly normal for those sidearms). You stow the COMPACT GYROFLECHETTE PISTOL, or CGP for short in your inventory. What? Do you think you have a sylladex or captchalogue system? Those are for nerds anyway.

You have 4 OPEN INVENTORY SLOTS remaining, so you might as well stash the PDA in too.

Morphimus wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:33 pm
> Take the stairs.
Spoiler
Show
As you exit the conveniently and helpfully labeled "STORAGE CLOSET", you head up to the stairs--heeding the warning of a titular character from a famous comic of dubious quality that needs not to be named as everyone knows it, you are greeted with a door that says "TO LIVING QUARTERS/HYDROPONICS", and you proceed to open it.

You proceed to be greeted with a 4-way hallway intersection, and the looming smell of... Fungi? It seems to be fungi. You think. But you should keep moving.
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

MP the OP OG

Post by MP the OP OG » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:38 pm

>find the fungis they might be edible

Morphimus

Post by Morphimus » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 pm

> Be ready to shoot in case of evil mushrooms.

Image Image Image

Sylandrophol

Post by Sylandrophol » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:43 am

MP the OP OG wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:38 pm
>find the fungis they might be edible
That thought crosses your mind a bit, but judging from your DUBIOUS CULINARY EXPERIENCES--whenever there's fungi involved, everything goes apeshit bananas and not in a good way at all. Although it should be taken with a grain of salt of course! Just as long as that salt isn't in a FUNGAL DISH. Because nobody likes a FUNGAL DISH in the first place, although your DUBIOUS CULINARY EXPERIENCES and POTENTIAL PREJUDICE AGAINST FUNGI should not be taken seriously. Maybe.
Morphimus wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 pm
> Be ready to shoot in case of evil mushrooms.
You're already on it, albeit the COMPACT GYROFLECHETTE PISTOL is in your inventory. Although evil mushrooms aside, something catches your eye--a terminal built into the wall, the screen is lit up, and knowing how stuff is like in video games, you might be able to uncover some more data about the AXEVENDOR and what happened to it. And what's on it too! Because that's very important.

--

As RATSEL RINCOD goes to the terminal to see what's on the ship, our scene suddenly changes to another LONE CYROGENIC STASIS UNIT, with a troll inside that's also alive, although this unit is in the medical bay as it seems. It hisses open, revealing a troll bearing the sign of LEMINI.

The troll scrambles out, coughing--memory foggy much like Ratsel, after she was released from the pod. They quickly stand up, fearful of their surroundings, and rushing to analyze the situation that they are in.

Who is this troll?
--
check out my music!

CRAFTBOUND

Morphimus

Post by Morphimus » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:29 am

> Lestar Docnir.

Image Image Image