Alabaster: The Doomed Session - Fear the Cube

Create or play along with forum-based, fan-made, play-by-post adventures here!
Cauchemar
Pronouns: They/them
Classpect: Maid of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Re: Alabaster: The Doomed Session - Batori: Descend.

Post by Cauchemar » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:27 pm

Thanks to you! That was pretty sweet to find. :)

angst
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Page of Light

Post by angst » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:32 pm

No problem.
:rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb:

Drain_Rat
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Mage of Rage
Moon: Derse

Post by Drain_Rat » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:03 pm

Very excited for a checkup on the icons. Adore those two. I'd love to get further insight into Batori's condition [_]tier-wise (octotier??? like dog tier for jade but with a dreadful ouroboros of plush and flesh), since undergoing core merger with the conceptual slurry that went into Octolon can't be terribly pleasant. :rorb:

Cauchemar

Post by Cauchemar » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:05 pm

Drain_Rat wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:03 pm
Very excited for a checkup on the icons. Adore those two. I'd love to get further insight into Batori's condition [_]tier-wise (octotier??? like dog tier for jade but with a dreadful ouroboros of plush and flesh), since undergoing core merger with the conceptual slurry that went into Octolon can't be terribly pleasant. :rorb:
Well you're in for a treat. That is one of the main concepts in this update. :insolent:

Cauchemar

Re: Alabaster: The Doomed Session - "I was all of your toys, hopes, trespassings, stained pleasures and hollow dreams."

Post by Cauchemar » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:38 pm

ALABASTER UPDATE: "I WAS ALL OF YOUR TOYS, HOPES, TRESPASSINGS, STAINED PLEASURES AND HOLLOW DREAMS".

==->

==->

==->

Hemsut: Talk to the weird elephant people

==->

==->

==->

==->

==->

Renart: Grind.

The ill-advised decision of some Subaltern Conscripts to enter your hive results in a lot of pain for them, and a lot of fun for you.

You are already appreciating this game.

==->

It is useful, too, since you need to thaumifice yourself a new terminal quickly. You have to monitor Batori.

You need to start planning things more seriously, too. For too long, you relied on your divination. But the clouds of Skaia never warned you about wanton computer destruction.

Some things escape your gaze. Therefore caution is paramount.

Renart: Collect horns.

You still have priorities, though.

Batori and Ginneo: Talk.

- And Ґhen RenarҐ showed me someҐhing. Screencaps he had Ґaken ╙rom your computer screen.

- My heart ys encoyled yn fear of the mysdeeds by your eyes descryed.

==->

- Yet Y must ask...

- You already know whaҐ I read.

- ... Yes.

==->

- You Ґried Ґo abandon me. I would have given my life ╙or you, ╙or boҐh of you... And you Ґhrew me away.

==->

==->

==->

==->

==->

- Y must ask for your forgyveness. There are no excuses for my behavyor. Y v-vas yndeed tempted to relynquysh your salvatyon and to leave you to perysh aflame on our heavenly body. And Y dyd make thys choyce, thys most terryble choyce.

==->

- Yf you fled Alternya v-vyth your lyfe, yt v-vas not thanks to me; truth be told, our late Rhapsodyst symply was not sv-vyft enough to ensure your death.

==->

- Yf Y can do anythyng, anythyng at all, to make amends, Y shall. Yf you v-vysh for me to support you entyrely, Y shall. Yf you v-vysh for me to dryft av-vay and to forget about you entyrely, Y shall become the most tenuous ghost yn the skylyne. Yf you need tyme...

==->

- Ґhank you.

- V-Vhat?

- Ґhank you ╙or Ґhe ҐruҐh.

==->

- I already Ґook Ґime. I ҐhoughҐ about iҐ Ґime and Ґime again.

==->

- And I ╙eel no rancour, BaҐori. I ╙eel hurҐ. My guҐs ache. But no anger, no rage. Such matters ╙eel plain to me now… You did Ґry Ґo abandon me, and I did noҐ get any help in ╙ronҐ of Ґhe ╙iring squad laҐer on. BuҐ I killed you once while Ґrying Ґo ҐargeҐ my ResidenҐ! Are we not boҐh beyond all o╙ Ґhis? Don’Ґ we have imporҐanҐ goals to ╙ocus on?

- You blossomed yn such a radyant v-vay...

- You and me boҐh. I leҐ go o╙ Ґhe grub; you ╙orgoҐ Ґhe Rainbow Drinker.

- Your v-vords stryke true. By leavyng the denyal behynd me, Y gayned more strength. Y accepted death, yts yneluctabylyty. Hov-v remarkable yt can be, then, that at thys precyse moment... Y gayned the means to reach eternyty. Yt v-vas your gyft to me.

==->

- V-Vhy dyd you offer me Octolon, my resplendent v-varryor? You could have become a deyty. Through my actyons only my pyxelemental fell; yt v-vas not your myssyon to counter such a loss.

- I kinda haҐe myself. Even now. I'm noҐ sure I wanna live wiҐh myself ╙or... such a long Ґime. While iҐ is a quesҐion you had Ґhe answer Ґo. I knew you wanҐed li╙e: why noҐ give iҐ Ґo you?

- Yt v-vas an unyque luck to be moyrayls v-vyth you.

- Maybe noҐ in pasҐ Ґense.

==->

- V-Vhat? Surely you v-vould not...

- You're imporҐanҐ Ґo me, BaҐori. You are Ґhe moҐ admirable person I ever meҐ in my li╙e, in all areas I could conceive o╙. You are aҐhleҐic, smarҐ, eleganҐ, efficienҐ beyond anyҐhing I could ever dream o╙. And yeҐ… ҐhaҐ’s noҐ Ґhe reason why I ╙eel pale for you. Maybe Ґhere’s no reason why we ever ╙eel pale, or black, or anyҐhing, for oҐher people. IҐ comes Ґo maҐҐers o╙ specific chemisҐry. SomeҐhing beҐween us jusҐ… clicked. SomeҐhing incredible.

==->

- I do noҐ wish Ґhe end o╙ our relaҐionship. IҐ was... sҐrong. SҐronger Ґhan Ґhe pain o╙ Ґhis one beҐrayal. I ҐhoughҐ Ґhese romance movies abouҐ ╙aҐed moirails were pure propaganda; now I am noҐ so sure.

- The dyamonds at fyrst syght.

- Yeah. I'd like Ґo explore ҐhaҐ.

==->

- BuҐ righҐ now, iҐ's complicaҐed. We have Ґhe game Ґo win, and Cross died, and Vamuin died, plus Ґhere's monsҐers everywhere, Ґhe Denizens PaҐriarcha and Ґruncare are on Ґhe loose, and we have a goddamn SERIAL KILLER who jusҐ joined Ґhe game!

- V-Vell, v-vhen you put yt thys way, the sytuatyon does seem…

- And SecҐra barely escaped a ciҐy, and CopycaҐ doesn'Ґ answer anymore, and Ґhe enҐire Ґimeline almosҐ goҐ erased, and... and...

==->

- At ease, my dear.

- Ґhere's jusҐ Ґoo much going on, BaҐs. And our relaҐionship, I... I don'Ґ wanҐ Ґo desҐroy whaҐ we have, buҐ I need Ґime. Some Ґime... Maybe a loҐ of Ґime.

- Y hear you.

==->

- Yt ys an agreeable sytuatyon. The sentyments nestyng yn my heart are tyed ynto a gordyan knot as v-vell.

==->

- Yn order to ascend, Y was epytomyzed v-vyth your pyxelemental... Therefore, Y obtayned all of yts memoryes, both as a game construct and as a gatheryng of accessoryes.

==->

- Toys, posters, fans and plushyes, a kyd's toys, an adult's delusyon, the dreams of a lyfe that never v-vas, a larva magycal.

==->

- And your late, dystorted custodyan ys part of the melange.

==->

- Yes... Y am Goldye, yn a sense.

==->

- Y am the hedgechyck you constrayned to play your games. Y am the Red Payl v-vhych hunted you through the entyre complex. Y am the tortured and the executyoner.

==->

- Y have memoryes of myself restrayned, tormented...

==->

- ... and of myself usyng the dentystry apparatus to torture the pathetyc mutated lusus lyyng before me.

==->

- For a bryef, everlastyng moment, Y v-vas not a person: Y v-vas a gatheryng. A complete symphony of payn and sufferyng. Y v-vas all of your toys, hopes, trespassyngs, stayned pleasures and hollov-v dreams.

==->

- And then yt v-vas sylent, v-vhen Y attayned God Tyer. The other dysappeared, my entyre conscyousness supersedyng theyr souls. They are alyve no more. Yet Y do remember...

==->

- My ympressyons of you are not alv-vays the best, to say the least. Nonetheless... At the same tyme, Y remember you tryed to make thyngs ryght. Y can forgyve you yn the name of Goldye, and of the congregatyon v-vhych called ytself Octolon.

- I... Damn. I have Ґo apologize, Ґoo.

- Y do not requyre your tormented remorse, you v-vere already told you are as forgyven as anyone can be.

- I’m sorry. ╙or everyҐhing.

-These deeds are behynd us. Yet…

==->

- Now I... like, I geҐ iҐ. We DO need some Ґime!

- Ah, v-vell, ours ys quyte the baggage!

==->

==->

- BaҐs. We sҐill need Ґo Ґalk abouҐ Ґhe main Ґopic.

- Yes... Renart.

Renart: Check on Batori.

With your newly made MASK OF TRAGEDY, you can finally reconnect as Batori's Server Player.

==->

Damn. She's with Ginneo. What else did you miss on Batori TV?

Well, if they ever talk, you will check the logs. Know about it.

No one in this team is smart enough to one-up you, anyway. And you destroyed any trust which could remain between these two.

Ginneo may possibly realize your duplicity, but he will not manage to persuade Batori.

Ginneo and Batori: Keep talking.

- You convynced me, Y must admyt, the evydence ys overbearyng.

==->

- The facts you do knov-v, the logs you receyved from our dearly myssed leaders, your ov-vn memoryes compose together a most dysheartenyng symphony.

==->

- The Artysan must be defeated.

- WhaҐ worries me is he knows Ґhe ╙ruҐure. Since a long Ґime, apparenҐly.

==->

- Cross came Ґo Ґhink he is a rare case of already awakened Player, wiҐh equal and simulҐaneous awareness in boҐh our original universe and Ґhe game session. Which means Ґwo things. One, he read numerous evenҐs Ґo come in Ґhe clouds, and was able Ґo plan accordingly. Ґwo, his mind was exercized by Ґhe mental gymnasҐics of operaҐing Ґwo bodies aҐ Ґhe same Ґime.

- Or of communycatyng betv-veen two conscyousnesses constantly.

- RighҐ. We don'Ґ know how iҐ works ╙or sure. I dived Ґhrough Ґhe manuals, noҐhing on Ґhis in Ґhose files.

==->

- IҐ iҐches. Are Ґhe scar╙s really indispensable?

- You evoke tales of my spectator’s duplycyty. And yet you v-vould speak v-vyth your mouth yn full vyev-v?

- … You’re righҐ.

- Y am convynced he ys no expert yn lyp-readyng. Nonetheless, the lack of sound yn the game’s mystycal v-vyndov-vs ys our only certaynty. V-Ve must communycate cautyously.

- So what is Ґhe plan?

==->

- The masculyne specymens of our cursed specyes regularly fall prey to a most damagyng dysease, and Renart Azeban does not seem to belong to the exceptyons. V-Ve shall use thys v-veapon agaynst hym.

- WhaҐ is Ґhis ╙abled ╙law?

- Hubrys, my dyamond, hubrys. V-Ve shall name hym to the most dangerous and exposed posytyon of all, as naked and vulnerable as a mere mortal before a Lord of the Day.

==->

- V-Ve shall make hym the nev-v, undysputed master of Team Alabaster.
Last edited by Cauchemar on Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drain_Rat

Re: Alabaster: The Doomed Session - "I was all of your toys, hopes, trespassings, stained pleasures and hollow dreams."

Post by Drain_Rat » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:22 pm

Batori and Ginneo being the least dysfunctional pair of shmucks to grace this incipisphere continues to be incredibly funny (given where they started out) on top of its genuine amount of heart. I'm happy to see Batori taking what could be learned from Vamuin's mistakes to plan strategy regarding the session's new biggest problem. Her style of cunning (some might call her a "girl-boss" :rosecool: ) still being put to use after having the amount of character growth she's gotten is satisfying as all hell.
Also, Ren using a shared Tragedy mask motif with Patriarcha for his new maskcomputer is neat. I've been sensing a burgeoning dualism between him and Sallie given their fascinations with the morbid (& those fascinations having roughly opposite emotional aesthetics for the two of them), makes her gum gloomyness feel fit for a comedy motif. It'd also go along with her (or her previous identity's) browser name if I interpreted it right.

angst

Post by angst » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:48 am

Batori and Ginneo: Start chat with Renart.
:rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb: :rorb:

Cauchemar

Re: Alabaster: The Doomed Session - How is your picnic going?

Post by Cauchemar » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:00 am

ALABASTER UPDATE: HOW IS YOUR PICNIC GOING?

Weywot: Check in on Mnevia.

-- ragingUnfrequency [RU] began trolling melancholicRuin [MR]--

RU: >:[ ] Okay, first question : where the HELL are you? Where are we? WHAT is this?
MR: W}{ere are you, jackass!
MR: W}{ere did you }{ide?

RU: >:[] You will never guess
MR: Try me.
RU: >:[] I’m with Hem in some goddamn METAL CAVERN
RU: >:[] Looks like a clown cathedral, but all BLUE
RU: >:[] We were taken in by some weird wool-covered musclebeasts, or some close lookalike. They are GIGANTIC!
RU: >:[] And the sky, it’s so bright. But… SURVIVABLE. We don’t even get blinded, nothing. It must be some kind of psionic light
RU: >:[] Where are we Via?
RU: >:[ ] Where did you take us?

MR: You went outside in the -lig}[t-?
MR: I didn't dare to try.

RU: >:[ ] AAAARGH you are still in the HIVE
MR: Of course I am!
MR: Did you see what it looks like outside?

==->

RU: >:[] Yeah, that was my QUESTION
RU: >:[] Via, what the FUCK is this place?

MR: It looks… blue?
RU: >:[] It’s corroded metal
RU: >:[] CONTINENTS of sculpted corroded metal
RU: >:[] And the beasts told us the seas are MUSHROOMS

MR: My good partner in crime, it suddenly sounds like you are no stranger to mus}{rooms yourself!
RU: >:[] Ha. Ha.
RU: >:[ ] Let us get this STRAIGHT.
RU: >:[ ] You put us in this shit.
RU: >:[ ] Now it’s up to you to get us OUT OF HERE.

MR: Well, let me t}{ink…
RU: >:[] You have FIVE minutes. I need to check on someone.

Weywot: Check in on Sallie.

Oh. She has left you messages.

-- undesiredRecollection [UR] began trolling ragingUnfrequency [RU] --

UR: s-o, how i-s your picnic going?
UR: around h≠re th≠ n≠ighborhood i-s d≠ad
UR: lit≠rally
UR: most p≠opl≠ ar≠ offlin≠, i b≠li≠v≠ th≠ m≠t≠ors did som≠thing t-o th≠ n≠twork
UR: you w≠nt offlin≠, th≠n onlin≠ again
UR: i-s i-t th≠ ≠nd o-f th≠ world?
UR: i-t was bound t-o happ≠n, i gu≠ss
UR: w≠ d≠s≠rve nothing l≠ss

You do not know where to begin your tale.

Sallie: Look at posters.

Oh, how you love traditional Alternian movies. Tales of madness and tragedy.

This one with TROLL MICHAEL KEATON as a ghost subjuggulator was something else.

Sallie: Captchalogue tools.

You start picking up one of your tools… But you forgot about your HOLLOW MODUS.

==->

It only has one function, and that function is to throw the thing away, making it disappear forever. It is a modus that is always empty, just like your tortured soul.

==->

You are disheartened. You liked this scalpel.
Last edited by Cauchemar on Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

angst

Re: Alabaster: The Doomed Session - How is your picnic going?

Post by angst » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:26 am

Sallie: Respond to the weird bug girl.

Cauchemar

Re: Alabaster: The Doomed Session - Let Me Tell You About Alabaster

Post by Cauchemar » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:46 pm

ALABASTER UPDATE: LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT ALABASTER

Sallie: Respond to the weird bug girl.

-- unkemptParamour [UP] began trolling undesiredRecollection [UR] --

UP: Hi person! It's kind of ♠ person♠l question…
UP: ♠nd I'm sorry for st♠rting the convers♠tion like this…
UP: But ♠re you ♠ ♥iolet-blood with sc♠rs ♠ll o♥er her f♠ce?

UR: and body
UP: Right, ♠nd body!
UR: y≠ah I a-m
UR: a body that i-s
UR: what ar≠ you going t-o d-o about i-t

UP: ???
UR: ar≠ you going t-o us≠ m≠
UP: Oh ye♠h! I could use a friend!
UP: I could really do!

UR: could you r≠ally d-o
UP: Well, Copy ♠lw♠ys tells me I m♠ke a good friend. =:)ɸɸɸ
UP: Okay, next question!
UP: Did you h♠♥e ♠ny str♠nge dre♠ms lately?

UR: i d-o not hav≠ dr≠ams and r≠al lif≠ i-s m-y nightmar≠
UP: PHEW!
UP: It IS you!
UP: I recognize your style!

UR: what d-o you m≠an
UP: I'm the girl of your dre♠ms! Literally! =XDɸɸɸ
UP: We'♥e been looking for you!
UP: On Diespace, Zerocities, Gr♠hoo, Meet ♠ Weirdo, ♠WOL, Cherubfire, e♥erywhere!
UP: It's been hours!
UP: Felt like 4 sweeps of se♠rch, re♠lly, I feel out of ♠ nightm♠re myself, out of ♠ ne♥erending st♠sis… We thought you m♠y be de♠d, killed by ♠ meteors, urb♠n ch♠os, musclebe♠sts, hell, ♠nything...

UR: i a-m d≠ad
UR: m-y ≠motions ar≠ d≠ad
UR: m-y hop≠s ar≠ d≠ad
UR: m-y will i-s d≠ad
UR: m-y body i-s lying i-t do≠sn't r≠fl≠ct th≠ r≠ality

UP: Well, hey, you ♠re here!
UP: You're Sallie, right?
UP: Let me tell you about ♠l♠b♠ster.

==->

Sectra then proceeds to tell you, in disturbing details, about the trials a group of six trolls must overcome in order to save themselves, ensure the survival of their species and create a new universe.

==->

UR: o-k i think i got this
UR: this gam≠ looks l≠thal

UP: But I think we don't h♠♥e ♠ny choice... The meteors ♠re killing ♠ll of us, now. The entire pl♠net! ♠nd if the Glub h♠ppens, the Empire will be de♠d ♠s well. For us, for ♠ll of trollkind… It's ♠ choice of sur♥i♥♠l!
UR: don't g≠t cut≠ with m≠
UR: o-r 'charming' lik≠
UR: l≠t m≠ r≠phras≠ all of this
UR: you want m≠ to ≠nt≠r a cosmic gam≠ cr≠at≠d by unknown forc≠s, which tortur≠d and kill≠d all of th≠ play≠rs insid≠ multipl≠ tim≠s?
UR: a gam≠ which manag≠d to kill this Vanny person?
UR: who was suppos≠dly on≠ of th≠ strong≠st trolls in ≠xist≠nc≠?
UR: a gam≠ which kill≠d him a thousand tim≠s?
UR: and you com≠ t-o m≠ and t≠ll m≠ i-t's a sw≠≠t d≠al?
UR: and you want m≠ t-o jump right into th≠ fir≠dog's maw?

UP: Well, when you put it like th♠t, it sounds re♠lly b♠d!
UR: k im in

==->

UP: Wh♠t?
UP: RE♠LLY?

UR: y≠ah i don't s≠≠ what ≠ls≠ to do
UP: Oh GRE♠♠♠♠♠♠T! =:Dɸɸɸ
UR: and i don't r≠ally car≠ ≠ith≠r way
UR: l≠t th≠ apocalizard-flavor≠d chips fall wh≠re th≠y will
UR: what is your nam≠ again?

UP: Sectr♠!

Renart: Adventure!

Your first round of thaumification is over, your wound to the side is cured, your Egoneir will surveil your teammates, fifteen rungs of your Stratospectral Escalevelator are conquered.

You are ready to start the hunt.

Before you, the majesty of the corroded continent unfolds. You hesitate between multiple points of interest:

- The TETRACLAVE MUSEUM where Subaltern Conscripts abound.
- DIONYSIUS PARK shimmering with beautiful lights.
- The COMMUNAL AMPHITHEATRE where a crowd of Concomitants are gathering.

Where will you go?

[Not only can you suggest DESTINATIONS, you can also propose ALCHEMY COMBINATIONS!
They will not be displayed with the proper alchemy interface in the story, in opposition to what happened in the past, for I think it would hurt the pacing at this point, but I will show in the thread the ones I choose to integrate in the story.]
Last edited by Cauchemar on Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

070M4N

Post by 070M4N » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:37 pm

Renart: Thaumify the remains you have with another body. You never know when you'll need a corpse bait

Renart: Go to the amphitheatre and greet the locals. BEFORE THEY DIE

angst

Post by angst » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:59 pm

Renart: Check out Dionysus Park

Sallie: Wonder about that "Vanny" Sectra talked about.

Cauchemar

Post by Cauchemar » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:32 am

070M4N wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:37 pm
Renart: Thaumify the remains you have with another body. You never know when you'll need a corpse bait[/ispoiler]
This actually gives me an extra creepy idea. Thank you for the inspiration.

Text commands do not always make it, but they DO influence ideas.

This one text command will NOT appear in the story, but it WILL have an effect, don't worry. :insolent:

070M4N

Post by 070M4N » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:13 am

Glad to help! :pranky:

Cauchemar

Re: Alabaster: The Doomed Session - You Are a Larval God Playing the Game of Life.

Post by Cauchemar » Sat May 06, 2023 9:18 pm

Alabaster Update: You Are a Larval God Playing the Game of Life.

Renart: Dive.

==->

==->

==->

The visions did not lie. You can fall from stories without taking damage!

You are STRONG! This game makes you strong! You've just started practicing and you are already accomplishing marvelous feats!

==->

You've always been physically weak. Weaker than most. But now uncanny energies are at work within your body, amplifying the impact of your every move, absorbing shocks, optimizing your metabolism.

And there's something behind it, too - as if those processes were only the tip of the iceberg, as if they were to be discarded along with your mortal coil, your fleshy interface, your mundane chrysalid, as if you had always been something more than a troll, since birth, since before your own birth. An entity of untold and infinite power, a rift in the fabric of reality, a mythological figure waiting awakening.

You are a larval god playing the game of life.

Renart: Check out Dionysus Park

==->

"Can't you see we're having a moment?"

"Ah, Nestor, how I long for our time together..."
"Each of these instants is precious, Mikhail. I could spend eternity tying my gaze to your splendid eyes."

"Once upon a time, our world was all machines, fruits of endless labour by the Herrería of Eternity. They were four powerful blacksmiths and engineers, and worked day and night to bring about miraculous contraptions, bright factories and flamboyant automatons, all wrapped in the most exquisite arabesques and general pattern.
One day they started talking making something else."

"We were having a nice date but the only thing this guy wants to talk about is exposition.

==->

You walked right into the worst kind of trap: a pure makeout area.

You need to get out of here right now.

Renart: Go to the amphitheatre and greet the locals.

"Hello stranger! You are new, but you can still participate! You're here just in time for the initial debates!"

"We live in terror of the two Heraldos del Chaos. The prophecies evoke two tiny figures, one of them bearing the head of the beast, the other one mammoth-like, both of them covered with grey, colorless leather like the one adorning your face. They will appear at the end of times and hunt down the innocent, leading battalions of acting puppets. Who will protect us from the two Heraldos del Chaos?"

"As a commune of horizontal structure, it is important to reach maximum consensus over all kinds of decisions. And it looks like the exchanges and positions this time are going to be complex... The topic of these debates this time is extremely delicate."

"The Herrería wanted to create life. They started by refining the automaton process to unimaginable excellency, thusly producing the Protectors of Oscuridad. But they were unsatisfied with the result. They left the Protectors to wander in the wild and focused on their next project...

"We are waiting with hope and dread for the prophesyied Lunatic Primacies, whose roles in our future histories are ambiguous. One of them will be a protector, one of them will be a threat, one of them will serve the other, and they will end up defeating each other. What does it all mean?"

"When we come to think about the several benefits in regard to their cause, how have they arisen? Have they arisen out of hate of others and injuring others? Of course we should say no. We should say they have arisen out of love of others and benefiting others. If we should classify one by one all those who love others and benefit others, should we find them to be partial or universal? Of course we should say they are universal. Now, since universal love is the cause of the major benefits in the world, therefore Mozi proclaims universal love is right. And, as has already been said, the interest of the magnanimous lies in procuring benefits for the world and eliminating its calamities. Now that we have found out the consequences of universal love to be the major benefits of the world and the consequences of partiality to be the major calamities in the world; this is the reason why Mozi said partiality is wrong and universality is right."

"After three thousand days and three thousand nights, the Herrería succeeded. They created the opposite principle to everything mechanical, a purely organic being. The Recién Nacide. This being was smart, gentle, tiny, dextrous, and wanted nothing more than to help with their cause. Together, the creature and the creators started working on an even grander project, the ultimate destination: they were going to explore the very fabric of reality and to add their own brick, their living principle, the Dice of Awakening. They sacrificed everything to this noble pursuit, and forgot about the consequences... they could only see the end result, the magnificence they so fondly desired.

"The Recién Nacide tried to warn them, but they would not listen. They poisoned the air, resulting in acid rain. All of their previous works were destroyed. The clockwork rusted. The racks stopped. All of the automatons ceased to move, and all of the architecture was corroded."

"My, My, whAt dô we hAvê hêrê? Yôû sêêM Assûrêdly thê Môst prêtty And dêlîcAtê dAndy. Wôûld yôû bê têMptêd by A MAssAgê frôm A fêllôw Aêsthêtê?"

"Amongst our people, we often sing this tragic song:
'The prisms should shine,
The horns in line,
Mud snakes unleashed,
Darkness entombed,
The sand will flow.
And the flesh must grow.' "

"The Recién Nacide swore to get revenge for itself, for the world. Oxidized by rancour and pollution, it became the Floating One. It walked the entire world to find the runaway Herrería, and ate them, one after another. Growing after each forbidden feast.
As for the Dice of Awakening, no one knows if the blacksmiths succeeded before the tragedy. If they did, the Dice would be hiding in the folds of the world, between the fundamental components of creation and destruction, drowning in the flow of time and of the most sacred processes of the universe."

"Don't talk to me now! The debates are about to begin!"

==->

- They came to us in arms!

==->

- Our world does not know war, but these tiny strangers poor in fur and good fats, with carnivorous mouths and eyes the color of angry sky, sport weapons we only see in myths.
One of them is the living portrait of a Heraldo del Caos. The other one lacks the Mark of the Beast, but could develop it. We know nothing about these intruders. And we are supposed to let them be?

==->

- What else, Milady? Are we supposed to throw away all of our values at the first sign of threat?

- Louise, we should deliver them to the Benefactor of Innocence. Heroes are meant to protect the Territory.

==->

- It is my understanding, my dear, that the Benefactor is in fact a sinister individual, with a thirst for destruction. We should ally with the two strangers and prepare for the arrival of the so-called Hero. Accept no fake messiah...

- Now you are choosing a side, Piotr. Siding with the intruders. If you wish to be objective, let us be truly egalitarian. I say we throw both the Benefactor and the two strangers in jail until we sort things out.

- These strangers are political refugees!
Last edited by Cauchemar on Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

angst

Re: Alabaster: The Doomed Session - You Are a Larval God Playing the Game of Life.

Post by angst » Sat May 06, 2023 10:48 pm

Woooo! Glad your back and also super glad we're finally getting to crack what Renarts deal is.

Renart: Take note of this conversation.

Drain_Rat

Post by Drain_Rat » Sat May 06, 2023 10:59 pm

Ohhhh yes yes yes yes yes I've been waiting for this! The newborn's lore is intriguing and unexpected in tone, leaves a lot of room for speculation as to its whole deal. Wasn't expecting the scientific/academic/artistic hubris angle to its background. Outer Wilds vibes but in a more cynical sense. Also akin to the last two centuries or so (our time) as viewed by those living after humanity, with no frame of context for the whole money thing. The "why" per the bulk of technological progress (though the use of the term "progress" itself implies a linear progression that does not exist really) could be interpreted mainly as a pursuit for some cosmic meaning, a perfection of craft and design. Managing to fit SOMETHING permanent into whole whole of reality. Without the frame of reference for "oh a lot of this was done to manipulate peoples' 'wants' to get lots of that sticky icky cash money baby" and that kinda crap. I'm neglecting to include the little one that ate everybody in this metaphorical analysis for a reason, don't really wanna. Stretched the narrative enough as it is without the progeny of creation swallowing up its negligent authors. ...Something something something the Homestuck fandom's antagonistic relationship with the series its built around, the audience and to an abstract extent its characters consuming and digesting the original work specifically FOR its flaws, a sort of critical condemnation that still leaves them thoroughly entrenched in the shadow of the original piece... hm. I might be projecting.

ANYWAYS safe to bet that Wey is the one they believe may be the mammoth-looking bringer of chaos (though it could also be Mnevia's bullhorns resembling tusks, that seems more contrived than the hairier runaway). Can't wait for Renart to try and ruin a perfectly adequate seeming Mammoth commune in the interest of spree killing and self preservation. As a joking suggestion, I want Renart to take up that saucy actually-wait-they're-like-huge-thats-somewhat-scary mammoth's offer of a massage and waste one of his extra lives. In all seriousness actually the more I think about it, the consorts doing player cosplay has been a recurring bit for a while but like. He's WEARING tusk jewelry, I can only presume this mammoth has killed before and will do so again, wonder if he has any interest in assisting our beautiful blood-crazed boy if things come to blows with the other mammoths. :mirthful:

Cauchemar

Post by Cauchemar » Wed May 10, 2023 3:29 pm

I'm glad you like it so much! :chummy:

In other news, and as you may already know...

The fabulous website MSPFA.com is back!

Since 2010, MS PAINT FAN ADVENTURES is a crossroad, a museum, a distributor for over 20.000 webcomics, quests/forum adventures, both original and Homestuck ones. It was originally born out of a need for practical archiving and readable interface. It soon developed to become a primordial, evergrowing jungle of wild creativity.
At the start of February 2023, the website crashed, but thanks to three months of hard work, Grant, the webmaster, brought it back.

I have just uploaded on MSPFA all 273 new pages of Alabaster since it came back, and am now working to bring back the music in the pages. If you want to discover or rediscover the updates, it is better to do it on MSPFA.
MSPFA is the format Alabaster is meant to be read in.

The Alabaster updates between February and today start here!

Nothing will change for this Homestuck XYZ thread. Alabaster was born a forum adventure, on the now seven years gone MSPA forums, and will remain a forum adventure.
Updates will still be posted here, and I will keep taking suggestions into account.

Cauchemar

Re: Alabaster: The Doomed Session - On General Principles

Post by Cauchemar » Mon May 22, 2023 6:18 pm

Short update tonight. For a while, I will make more frequent but shorter updates. :insolent:

Also, since MSPFA.com is back, from now on, I will post the link to the MSPFA update first, as per tradition.

MSPFA.COM MIRROR UPDATE

Renart: Take note of this conversation.

The deliberations go on and on. Geopolitics enter the discussion. The mammoth Kropotkin is interested to explore new Territories, and Louise Michel wants to go with him as an ambassador, to reinforce peaceful relationships with the other planets. Kanno Sugako disagrees and think it is primordial to get rid of the Benefactor first, for no one can be free while the Princes and Princesses of Derse and Prospit exist. You make a mental note to eliminate this one first, on general principles.

Then the one who wanted to deliver the refugees to the Benefactor, Milady, leaves the assembly, unhappy.

Renart: Follow Milady.

You catch up with Milady in a narrow (by mammoth standards) alley, where she is in great discussion with a masculine mammoth named Proudhon. They seem to share the same opinions.

You introduce yourself as the Benefactor of Innocence and quickly declare an alliance.

==->

- Îf by êxtrAôrdînAry yôû dêsîrê môrê Allîês, Yôû shôûld lôôk fôr An ArtîsAn CôncôMîtAnt, Adôrnêd wîth tûsk jêwêls. Sûch A côûrsê ôf Actîôn, hôwêvêr, rêqûîrês sôMê prêcAûtîôns... Fôr A stArt, dô nôt Accêpt hîs MAssAgês.
Last edited by Cauchemar on Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

angst

Re: Alabaster: The Doomed Session - On General Principles

Post by angst » Mon May 22, 2023 10:16 pm

Weywot: Talk to the elephant.