[MIRROR] Firequest

Create or play along with forum-based, fan-made, play-by-post adventures here!
Sp00kyrex

Re: [MIRROR] Firequest

Post by Sp00kyrex » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:01 am

>Examine crown.

Y'know you probably would.

If, y'know.

You had it.

Which you don't as is evidenced by your very noticeably crownless head.

Which isn't to say you never had a crown as some charlatans may be incorrect to assume. You did in fact possess a crown a short while ago. And not just any crown, but a powerful one. One that could grant you great power. You know this because when you wore it you could feel its energy surging through you, bubbling its magickal essence through your veins. But then you lost it. And because you lost it you now have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it back. What a load of-

==>

WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP I AM HAVING A VERY INTENSE INNER MONOLOUGUE SO STOP MAKING THOSE INCESSANT CLANKING NOISES. THE NOISES MEAN NOTHING WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH WITH THEM WHY.

==>

==>

==>

She hasn't stopped with that grating bar banging with the cup thing. There's only so much abuse a guy can take, and she is pushing it.

Still, grating or not, she is necessary for the plan going forward. Without her you don't think you'll be able to get your crown back in order to complete the transformation. It's all about peaking the interest of the right people at the right time, you see.

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:03 am

>Question crown's power.

You would never.

You are sure of the crown's power. You are as sure of that as you are that you're going to shoot yourself if that old woman doesn't stop her nonsense in the next two minutes.

God that's annoying.

But at any rate, you are sure of the crown's power as you had felt it imbuing you with greatness the whole time it rested (or you suppose, floated) over your head. You saw it deep in your mind. The reality of that power and the potential it held.

>Reminisce power.

It made you feel like a God.

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:05 am

>This looks like serious business.

You think the thing before you might just be that.

It... disconcerts you.

More than a motionless piece of metal should.

>Calm down it's just a hat.

You know better than that. You can sense it, as beat up as it is.

You feel its familiarity, a familiarity that greatly disconcerts you. It almost made you forget that there were other things in the bag you found. But despite the distraction of the crown, you did remember to take count of what you found.

>Take account of what you found.

In the bag you could see the following objects:

(1) SLIGHTLY-WORN CAP, (1) MYSTICAL CROWN (Beat-up), (4) CYLINDERS (of slightly varying sizes), (1) PAPYRUS NOTE, and of course, (1) LEATHER BAG.

>Read Note.

You weren't really aware of what this paper could be, all things considering. But it did look familiar to you. Looking it over, you can somehow understand it. You aren't really sure how and that unsettles you. Regardless, you go ahead and attempt to interpret this strange "language" that you are seeing.
Spoiler
Show
"TO ME

If you're reading this then you probably don't remember writing it. I don't like that prospect any more than you do (mainly because you're me), but it isn't something you can avoid unfortunately. Wearing that crown was a mistake and it is taking all that I have to write this.

"This" being a reminder. Find the pod, and get to Mom. I've put rations in this bag along with my hat (not the stupid jewelry). I couldn't fit the other clothes in the bag so I hid them under a patch of dirt nearby. Hopefully you find them. If you don't please put something on before you see Mom. Please.

Love,
Me"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for the reupload here on the new forums. If you want to read the rest of Firequest up to this point, read the rest over on MSPFA: https://mspfa.com/?s=20703&p=106

I'll be posting new updates in here from this point on as well, so be on the lookout for that, though it will probably look like a big jump in quality from what's been posted so far. Be sure to submit commands for the story if you are interested in where it goes, by the way!

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:56 am

>CG: Mount your dinosaur and attempt to find your mentor using the newfound height advantage.

You think that it may be possible to summon your new friend back to your side by attaining the height advantage. The high ground is the best ground, like you always say.

you have never said this

Your tame does not necessarily seem as enthused as you about this course of action, though.

>CG: Cup your hands to create a "louder scream flesh cone" and scream for mentor to get back and do so clearly so there are no misunderstandings.

You begin your siren's call to bring your boss back to you from wherever he may have wandered.

You are completely intelligible and eloquent in your word choice. Truly a more proficient wordsmith has never graced this world. Which... is probably true to be honest. Sad to see you setting such a low bar for speech in general, but whatever.

==>

Unfortunately your leader does not appear to hear you. Perhaps he is too far away and cannot hear your cries? This seems implausible to you though. You see many animals over the horizon stopping what they are doing to look at you in awe and amazement. You remain befuddled as to his current whereabouts.

You hope the short man is OK.

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:43 am

>CG: Check tech tree. Clearly there is no better time to do so than the present.

Yes that is absolutely correct. There IS no better time to do this than now instead of whatever you were doing milliseconds ago. What a powerful brain you have stored in your cabeza!

You take a look at your dusty old RESEARCH TREE. Man NOTHING has changed in here has it. Wait, do you STILL have the same number of inspiration points you did the last time you checked?

You DO. Wow. This actually speaks volumes to your intelligence, or lack thereof. At any rate, you still can't craft any of this stuff considering you don't have any of the materials nearby to PROTOTYPE these technologies. Oh well.

>CG: Look (further) into your crafting menu for something we can use to find mentor.

Ok realisitically you probably shouldn't be able to even TRY to do this but you WILL since your mentor figure is missing and you are growing increasingly desperate.

You skip to the very end of the tree in the hope that you will be able to see what lies as the pinnacle of technology. Unfortunately it appears to be locked with especially potent unlock conditions. Additionally it seems to be so segregated from the rest of the tree that the branches leading up to it have withered away! Unfortunately, even if you were so inclined, you doubt you would be able to unlock it without some sort of unknown upgrade to your very being as well as the ability to reform the pathways leading up to the technology in question.

>CG: Ok now what?

No clue. You're out of ideas now.

Really you've just been spacing out here for like a solid two minutes thinking about the very concept of invention, but you won't let that stop you continuing to space out for an additional ten about nothing in particular.

==>

Unfortunately for you other people are not as conductive to your desire to strive for the world record setter for the most useless lump of meat in existence.

==>
Spoiler
Show
Mammon: WILL YOU PLEASE PAY ATTENTION??!?
MAMMON: I DID NOT CARRY AN OLD WOMAN ON MY BACK FOR AN HOUR TO WATCH YOU LOSE BRAINCELLS IN REAL-TIME.
MAMMON: HURRY UP AND ANSWER THE QUESTION I JUST ASKED YOU WHICH YOU THEN PROCEEDED TO COMPLETELY IGNORE.
MAMMON: PLEASE????????

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:04 am

>Apologize to this fine gentleman, and request he repeat his inquiry. Perhaps a compliment of his clearly well-maintained dental care would ease his temper?

You tell Mammon that his teeth are crooked and he should probably see a dentist. Also you ask if he can repeat his question because you were not paying any attention to him at all.

You say all of this in the most careful and respectful manner possible of course. Which is to say you said all of these things in the exact literal way they are written above. You are the MASTER of tact.

>Mammon: Accept this courteous man's apology and repeat your question once more.

This is the dumbest man you have ever had the displeasure of meeting. You feel like you should drill a hole to the center of your skull in the hopes that you will be able to leak out the physical tumors that are now growing in your previously empty skull-cavity. You know this would not happen but you are desperate for sweet release from this mortal coil.

>Mammon: Be firm but fair. Get your point across this time.

You grab baldy by the shirt collar and tell him to listen up.

==>

Spoiler
Show
Mammon: Ok listen up because this is the very last time I am going to explain this to you.
Mammon: If I have to explain this once more I am going to kill you and then myself.
Mammon: I want to know where my crown is.
Mammon: I have been locked in a cage with this BAT and then forced to walk around the jungle for god knows how long.
Mammon: I just want to know where my crown is.
Mammon: PLEASE just tell me you know where it is before my head explodes into bone shrapnel out of sheer frustration.
Mammon: You HAVE to know.
Mammon: If you don't...
Mammon: If you don't then I am just about out of options.
Mammon: So please, just answer me for the love of all that is SACRED.
Mammon: Do you know where my crown is????
==>

The intimidation factor being displayed here is somewhat less than stellar. The fact that you can't really lift him up to spook him kinda kills the mood a bit.

You should probably go to the gym, put some muscle on your bones.

>CG: Consider question.

You don't really have an answer for this guy. All you know is where your own crown is and you tell him as much.

You just have no idea.

==>

Spoiler
Show
Old lady: Erm... Garry?
==>

Spoiler
Show
Old lady: I'm so glad to see you again after you left a bit ago...
Old lady: But Garry... what is it that you've gotten yourself into...?

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:36 am

>CG: Say hi to this woman who appears to have some familiarity with you.

You... you say hi you guess?

You're not sure what's happening right now and you are very confused.

>CG: am i GAR Y?

You aren't sure what a "Garry" is. Is... is that supposed to be you? It SOUNDS familiar you suppose but...

Things just seem hazy, just as they have the entire time you've been here. You wish things could just be obvious to you sometimes but they never are.

>Mammon: Try to encourage neuron growth.

Maybe you need to redirect this poor sap after he was so RUDELY interrupted by his mother here. Focus him on what's really important.
Spoiler
Show
Mammon: Ok alright, maybe you don't know where it is.
Mammon: Maybe I was putting too many eggs in one basket hoping you'd be able to lead me to my rightful property.
Mammon: But PLEASE I'm begging you, at least TRY to remember if you have ANY clue where it is.
Mammon: I'm out of options here.
>CG: Struggle to engage basic cognitive functions.

You give remembering another shot for this guy. He just won't let up!

You're thinking... and thinking... and thinking... and...

Nope. No clue what he's talking about.

==>

==>

==>

==>

==>

==>

==>

==>

You have no idea what is happening here.

==>

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:52 am

>CG: Put on the crown.

Ok well, realistically that would probably be the worst possible thing you could do considering you've been hesitating on putting on your own crown this entire time but sure why not. You're not doing much else anyways.

==>

OW.

>Mammon: Take the crown from this dumbass before he does something stupid with it.

Spoiler
Show
Mammon: Ok NO, there will be none of THAT you blubbering wad of flesh.
Mammon: This is MY rightful property, you understand?
Mammon: I've been looking all over for this and now it's MINE.
>Mammon: Put on the crown.

Spoiler
Show
Mammon: HAHAHAHA IT'S FINALLY HERE I FINALLY HAVE IT.
Mammon: I'VE WON.
<>

<>

<>

==>

Sp00kyrex

Post by Sp00kyrex » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:20 am

>Ms Crichton: Did that weird alien guy tell you anything about this?

No you can't say he did, at least if you're talking about the big man in the hazmat suit. What a blurry visor that was, you wonder how he could even see out of it. You could barely make out his face!

At any rate, he didn't very well warn you that the tall unfriendly fellow you've been travelling with would begin to combust so violently. This is a fairly big revelation to you.

>CG: Steal the teeth.

You go ahead and do that because realistically you have been meaning to start a new bullshit meaningless collection of useless artifacts. There is apparently no crisis so imminent that will deter you from contemplating idiotic and frivolous actions.

>Garry: Isn't your crown still in the bag in that uprooted bunker?

You think so...

Oh no wait, you remember that the ugly monster with sharp pointy teeth brought it down when it jumped from the top of the bunker. You wonder where it is now?

==>

Ahhh yes there it is. Sitting on the site of the impact crater.

Move aside useless jewlery, you've got a TEETH COLLECTION to build.

==>

>Mammon: Stop fucking exploding already.

You go ahead and cease your explosion riddled existence. Your crown gifted transformation is now complete. You feel STRONGER.

==>
Spoiler
Show
Mammon: I'VE WON!!!
>Mammon: Soak in sweet victory.

You take a moment to silently rejoice in the fact that you are now complete. Your arduous journey is finally complete and it is only up from here now.

You wonder what you can do now?

>Mammon: Test cool and new abilities.

Whoa.

This is kinda trippy. A bit like night-vision except there's a lot of information to take in. You think that if you concentrate hard enough you could look more closely at the information available to you or even alter it slightly. It's all very intuitive to you now, you think.

How interesting.

==>

Hrmmm?

>Mammon: Inquire as to what you new friend needs from you.
Spoiler
Show
Mammon: Did you need something?
==>
Spoiler
Show
Mammon: Uhhhhh...
Mammon: What is this?
Mammon: Stop touching me.
Mammon: Not really sure what the point of this i-
==>

==>

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:16 am

>Skull Guy: Are you the same guy from Vast Error?
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

IamtheFather
Pronouns: GOD

Post by IamtheFather » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Ms Chriton: put on mammon's Crown.