Re: Recent Spam Problems

This is an area specifically designated for asking questions or getting help with the forum in general. All off-topic threads will be locked.
classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by classpectanon » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:17 am

Yes, I've noticed them. Yes, they're annoying. I've been range banning as necessary but they are very persistent. I'll be looking into an anti-spam extension sometime this weekend, most likely.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by classpectanon » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:28 am

Update: I have installed Akismet anti-spam. New posts get logged and get thrown in the moderation queue if they seem too spammy. Users will, if registered in a "spammy" way, be automatically be put in the NAUGHTY group. A couple of other minor things will hopefully help combat the bots. If this continues to be an issue, I'll put in a more restrictive captcha and hopefully that will help further.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.