Suggestion Thread

This is an area specifically designated for asking questions or getting help with the forum in general. All off-topic threads will be locked.
BrobyDDark

Re: Suggestion Thread

Post by BrobyDDark » Wed May 13, 2020 5:44 am

luigi wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:20 am
foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:07 am
luigi wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:01 am
On Omegaupdate they have like buttons on posts/comments. I really liked using that button to show people I... well that I liked the post, but on this site I gotta make an entire new comment just to do that which I feel clogs up the site with useless posts. But the alternative is not spreading the love which is also sad.

I was thinking of using the report button to say "this is funny" but that would only be seen by mods / be an abuse of that system. You should add a like button :)
This has actually been touched upon before:
classpectanon wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:28 am
I'm actually actively deciding against reacts or upvote/downvotes because i feel like they're corrosive to developing a good discussion.
seemingly to avoid "everyone liked/disliked that" instead of actual discussion on topics.

Best course of action would probably be to follow a thread and eventually make a post on it whenever you feel you have something to bring to the discussion.
Oh damn. I understand not having dislikes but how would likes prevent good discussion? Like personally if I have something to say I'll say it, but sometimes I don't have anything to say but still want someone to know I enjoyed their post. Or on the fan adventures for example it'd be a good way to gauge engagement, since views don't tell a lot and not everyone who reads them delivers commands.
Not everyone who gives likes delivers commands either. Imagine the most pathetic thing you could ever see- a post with ten likes and no comments.

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: Suggestion Thread

Post by luigi » Wed May 13, 2020 8:37 am

BrobyDDark wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:44 am
luigi wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:20 am
foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:07 am

This has actually been touched upon before:

seemingly to avoid "everyone liked/disliked that" instead of actual discussion on topics.

Best course of action would probably be to follow a thread and eventually make a post on it whenever you feel you have something to bring to the discussion.
Oh damn. I understand not having dislikes but how would likes prevent good discussion? Like personally if I have something to say I'll say it, but sometimes I don't have anything to say but still want someone to know I enjoyed their post. Or on the fan adventures for example it'd be a good way to gauge engagement, since views don't tell a lot and not everyone who reads them delivers commands.
Not everyone who gives likes delivers commands either. Imagine the most pathetic thing you could ever see- a post with ten likes and no comments.
I'd be fine with that though it at least gives a sense of engagement
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.