Debate: All anime is bad

Discuss things like webcomics, movies, games, books, etc. here!
Post Reply
User avatar
luigi
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Pronouns: ya!/wa!/wa-hoo!
Classpect: Plumber of Pipes

Debate: All anime is bad

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:37 pm

I say yes it is

I win

/thread
tumut

User avatar
BrobyDDark
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:16 am

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by BrobyDDark » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:31 pm

Counter: luigi is dumb and uncultured

PROVE ME WRONG!!

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Pronouns: ya!/wa!/wa-hoo!
Classpect: Plumber of Pipes

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:59 pm

BrobyDDark wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:31 pm
Counter: luigi is dumb and uncultured

PROVE ME WRONG!!
Fact: Luigi is taller than mario
Fact: Luigi's girlfriend is hotter than mario's
Fact: Luigi isn't always simping after this blonde bimbo fuck whos just messing around with some koopa on the side, hes got his girl on lockdown
Fact: Luigi is living off of stonks and just parties nonstop
Fact: Luigi is a super hyper mega duper giga chad


OFF TOPIC FOR THE THREAD THO STAY ON TOPIC

The truth is most anime is ruined by the fact that it is anime. Most stories would do way better if they weren't full of anime nonsense, because some stories are amazing but the presentation is cringe bro.
Spoiler
Show
This is my for real opinion
I am serious
tumut

User avatar
BrobyDDark
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:16 am

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by BrobyDDark » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:54 am

the truth is you're ignorant and a loser and dumb, vivian.

User avatar
PilotBlackSmith
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:17 pm
Location: Amazon™ - Brazil
Classpect: Heir of Void

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:59 pm

no u


This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Pronouns: ya!/wa!/wa-hoo!
Classpect: Plumber of Pipes

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by luigi » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:47 am

PilotBlackSmith wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:59 pm
no u
:rosecool:

The only good animes are the original fma, death note, attack on titan, some Miyazaki stuff, and maybe a couple others.

I was going to include steins gate on that list as the story and certain moments where the anime stuff isn't present is amazing but ultimately it's chock full of needless harem crap, bad dialogue, overacting (for Okabe it makes sense but everyone else still does the overdramatic heavy breath between each line for emotional scenes and screaming = emotion thing that anime does) and more weird anime stuff i can't remember offhand. Like I know they lampshade the tsundere stuff a bit but just pointing out that your work has a trope and not doing anything with that still means you're just using a tired ass trope.

Steins Gate isn't the only example of this its just the one I'm most passionate about, but the goofy cringe bullshit rears its head in most anime I try to watch.
tumut

User avatar
lavendersiren
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:09 am
Location: starter planet
Pronouns: they/them
Contact:

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by lavendersiren » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:13 am

Questions:
Does this count western animation that appears to be done in the anime tradition?
Does this count japanese animation that is done with a more western-like style?
Does king of the hill count as an anime?

Also, what definition of the word "bad" is being used here, and what are the expected results of watching a piece of media which is deemed to be bad? Is it a "bad" of moral sense? A "bad" of product quality sense?
Are there any repercussions for watching a piece of media which is considered bad?

Also, at what scope is this judgement observed? It appears to be more of an opinion than anything, and a subjective one at that.
Image Image

User avatar
Shitpost Lizard
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:43 am
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope
Moon: Derse

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:44 am

Counterpoint: Luigi has been in anime.

Where's your god now.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
Image
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Pronouns: ya!/wa!/wa-hoo!
Classpect: Plumber of Pipes

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by luigi » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:00 am

lavendersiren wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:13 am
Questions:
Does this count western animation that appears to be done in the anime tradition?
Does this count japanese animation that is done with a more western-like style?
Does king of the hill count as an anime?

Also, what definition of the word "bad" is being used here, and what are the expected results of watching a piece of media which is deemed to be bad? Is it a "bad" of moral sense? A "bad" of product quality sense?
Are there any repercussions for watching a piece of media which is considered bad?

Also, at what scope is this judgement observed? It appears to be more of an opinion than anything, and a subjective one at that.
Rule for the thread: hard questions not allowed. But I'll try just this once.

Q: Does this count western animation that appears to be done in the anime tradition?
A: Usually no, unless it's written like a japanese anime. Avatar Last Airbender and Korra don't have a lot of the anime nonsense, but stuff like RWBY does. It's less about the animation and more about the writing tropes.

Q: Does this count japanese animation that is done with a more western-like style?
A: I don't know I've never seen an anime that didn't look like anime.

Q: Does king of the hill count as an anime?
A: Yes but like Death Note it leans into / subverts the usual anime bullshit in a way that redeems it.

Q; Also, what definition of the word "bad" is being used here, and what are the expected results of watching a piece of media which is deemed to be bad? Is it a "bad" of moral sense? A "bad" of product quality sense?
A: Bad as in of low quality. Bad as in when watching I feel frustration because some of these stories would be really great if they weren't buried under cringey anime garbage.

Q: Are there any repercussions for watching a piece of media which is considered bad?
A: You get laughed at for having bad taste, or you cry because you wish they had just told this amazing story in a different medium (or just like, stop using these tired ass baby time anime tropes.)

Q: Also, at what scope is this judgement observed? It appears to be more of an opinion than anything, and a subjective one at that.
A: At the scope of my infinitely expanding mind palace. Everything is an opinion and everything is subjective, useless statement, next question.
Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:44 am
Counterpoint: Luigi has been in anime.
Unfortunately you're right, but like Zelda and the CDI games we can gracefully ignore interpretations of art that make us uncomfortable.

Unless it's the interpretation that serves as the basis of this thread, which is a real and serious issue.

Again, I'm really serious and cheesed about this.
Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:44 am
Where's your god now.
Of course I know him, he's me.
tumut

User avatar
BrobyDDark
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:16 am

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by BrobyDDark » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:18 pm

>>Death Note subverts typical anime bullshit

lmao fake fan

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Pronouns: ya!/wa!/wa-hoo!
Classpect: Plumber of Pipes

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by luigi » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:29 pm

BrobyDDark wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:18 pm
>>Death Note subverts typical anime bullshit

lmao fake fan
If by fake fan you mean fan of the story but not the medium then yes you have successfully followed along with the thread topic.
tumut

User avatar
BrobyDDark
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:16 am

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by BrobyDDark » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:30 pm

luigi wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:29 pm
BrobyDDark wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:18 pm
>>Death Note subverts typical anime bullshit

lmao fake fan
If by fake fan you mean fan of the story but not the medium then yes you have successfully followed along with the thread topic.
>Fan of the story

>Not realizing Death Note's story is highly reliant and bogged down by how idiotically anime it is

lmao fake fan

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Pronouns: ya!/wa!/wa-hoo!
Classpect: Plumber of Pipes

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by luigi » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:08 pm

BrobyDDark wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:30 pm
luigi wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:29 pm
BrobyDDark wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:18 pm
>>Death Note subverts typical anime bullshit

lmao fake fan
If by fake fan you mean fan of the story but not the medium then yes you have successfully followed along with the thread topic.
>Fan of the story

>Not realizing Death Note's story is highly reliant and bogged down by how idiotically anime it is

lmao fake fan
Super wrong
tumut

User avatar
harmoniousCalamity
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:21 pm
Location: Drifting in the Dream Bubbles
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom
Moon: Derse

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:03 pm

I don't think I get to have a point in here because I enjoy the concept of older animes, and slice of life crap. Is it bad? yeah, but is it amusing and fun to watch? also yes.
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

User avatar
luigi
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Pronouns: ya!/wa!/wa-hoo!
Classpect: Plumber of Pipes

Re: Debate: All anime is bad

Post by luigi » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:13 am

I'm normally not a so bad its good person, but some old animes manage to hit that spot for me

Pokemon isn't bad because it's anime, that's an example of something that's bad because they don't give a fuck about the story it's like transformers and made to sell merch.
tumut

Post Reply