Hemospects (making the hemospectrum even more convoluted because I can)

Showcase things you made! This includes illustrations, writings, and musical pieces! Fanventures and Fan Projects go in the appropriate forums, respectively.
Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope
Moon: Derse

Hemospects (making the hemospectrum even more convoluted because I can)

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:49 pm

I like playing with colors and dumb symbology shit, and procrastinating drawing anything that takes actual effort.
So here's color transitions between Hemospectrum castes, based on aspect.

Prospit signs are lighter, Derse signs are darker.
A True Sign (or its Prospit equivalent) will always be the base color of the sign in canon. All hues and signs in-between are based on the order it takes to get from one True Sign and its aspect, to the next caste's True Sign and aspect.

Basically it's a bunch of stupid, complicated horseshit, and you're better off just looking at this chart I made instead of me trying to explain this through text:
Spoiler
Show

Here's the signs chart, itself:

If the forum embeds are too small for you, copy image url > paste url in new tab. Or just right click / long press / whatever Macs do and select "view image."

"But SL, the colors are too close together. Wouldn't this confuse the entire Hemospectrum?"
Yup. Probably would.
But that's why it's fanart my dudes.
Also this is operating with the understanding that you have to meet a certain absolute hue value to be of a certain caste. Which is why they all start at the base / True sign.

I also colored Karkat's sign for point of reference. I know he's technically not supposed to have a caste-based one in the 'spectrum.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Re: Hemospects (making the hemospectrum even more convoluted because I can)

Post by calamityCons » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:32 pm

I love this because it helps sell the idea of the hemospectrum being a SPECTRUM, and also makes it really obvious how racist it is at its core because the only difference between a burgundy close to fuchsia and a fuchsia close to burgundy is the presence or absence of gills.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Re: Hemospects (making the hemospectrum even more convoluted because I can)

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:58 pm

Thankye!

It does raise the question of what would happen if a fuschia seadweller was born just close enough to technically classify as a burgundy instead of a fuschia.
Although I assume on Alternia, they'd just get culled.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]