Introductions Thread: A Brave New World

All words, all the time.
horse

Re: Introductions Thread: A Brave New World

Post by horse » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:24 pm

yo
Last edited by horse on Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:52 am, edited 69 times in total.

sorbicCondition
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: mage of void
Moon: Derse

Post by sorbicCondition » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:28 pm

Hey gang. I'm sorbicCondition (you can just call me SC), though on other platforms I usually go by either "solion" or "noilos." I'm 20 and use he/him or they/them. Knight of Void. I got caught up with Homestuck when Terezi Remem8er was the most recent page (late 2015? i don't... remem8er :cool: ) and have been along for the ride ever since. I don't have any posted fanworks, but I've got a few ideas for projects I might start. I mostly hang out to talk homestuck on the Perfectly Generic Podcast discord, and very occasionally the HS Reddit.

My favorite character is Dirk Strider (I wish he wasn't) and my favorite fan fiction is Detective Pony by Sonnetstuck (largely to blame for my affinity to dirk). I am one of those people that, when Act 7 dropped, said, "Man, it's too bad Rose and Dirk never talked." Well, monkeys paw and all that. That said, I am a big fan of the epilogues and I am very excited about the direction of Homestuck^2.

I'm new to forums in general but I'm always excited to discuss Homestuck, so we'll see how it goes.
:cool3d: homestuck 2 :cool3d:

william_

Post by william_ » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:06 pm

damn!! one of my friends mentioned this place sorta offhandedly on discord and i somewhat rudely blurted mid-point "UM? NEW HOMESTUCK FORUMS??" golly! it's a lot to take in... by no means is this a disappointment though >:D

my name's liam! i was on the OG mspaforums for a while - since... mid 2014? (i first caught up on HS in february of that year!) i still remember it fondly, especially the art threads (i must start a Different Context thread here >:D) and i hope to keep this new place active By Hook Or By Crook!!
[YTP] [BBA] [TWITTER]

Cyber-Fan
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Post by Cyber-Fan » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:18 pm

I'm Cyber-Fan, I'm pretty active on reddit and made a bot for the shitposting sub.

I really hope this forum sticks around and continues to grow, it seems like a great way to bring together different parts of the fandom, and I never got to experience the original MSPA Forums.

cookiefonster

Post by cookiefonster » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:32 pm

Wait, I just noticed I was supposed to introduce myself in this thread, god damn it.

Anyway I am cookiefonster, if you've heard of me in a Homestuck context it's probably my fan music. I contributed two tracks to Land of Fans and Music 4 and probably at least a hundred tracks to the Cool and New Music Team. I also was somewhat active in the MSPA forums for its final year before being shut down.

Also if you're wondering, I first read Homestuck in 2014 during the Gigapause. My interest in the comic faded after it ended, but saw a massive resurgence early this year after the leadup to the epilogues (which I hated at first but now absolutely love) and other new official content of mixed quality.
Last edited by cookiefonster on Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

krysaltepsyr

Post by krysaltepsyr » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi there! Uhhh.
I'm Krysal. I've also gone by either snapkat or Meluna. I am 19. I started my readthrough of Homestuck a bit over a year ago. Yep, I was late to the party there. but its ok. I get to experience some of the more recent shit now.
I mostly draw, but I have been "wrangled" into a writing position as a lore goblin that hides away on Tumblr and within a community of puzzlesolvers. I also will rant about lore for hours.
My favorite character is Davepeta. Precious bean.
So... yeah... talk to me? I guess? I like interaction...

eva00goki

Post by eva00goki » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:57 pm

Hey there,

I'm eva00goki on here and on Twitter, 26 y/o, they/them pronouns. I got into homestuck around 2012, which was coincidentally when I started cosplaying as a hobby a little more often. The webcomic's helped shape how I see media as a whole, as well as provided a safe environment for me to analyze issues I'd been dealing with personally. I've never been very active in any fandom other than vocaloid as a teen, but Homestuck's creative community is pushing me towards interacting with it more directly. Looking forward to using my first forum since 2014!

Also I'm a terminal boy-liker and Dirk's my favorite character, sorry to disappoint.

magicpants

Post by magicpants » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:06 pm

hi there. i'm magic. i've got a real tactical pair of magic pants ready to use in this chatlicious realm. i'm 17. sweet age of almost being a 'business-man'.

:olliesouty: hope to engage in some pure-hearted chit-chat with the other gnarly peeps of this forum :olliesouty:
got into homestuck in 2016. too late but not too late^2. i'm a writer and artist. no social media tho.
hope everyone has a good day or night. :lime:

uhh yeah! my interests include games. and well. writing. but that's sorta it. i like playing DD. and yeah.
my favorite kinda music is osts though. favorite movie is the cube. and space balls. yeah. :rorb:

proud father of a handful of troll ocs.
peace-in peace-out radical dudes. dudettes. and dudebros. :olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty:
:lime:{Knight of Mind - They/Them - True Neutral - Derse - Olive} :lime:

Pine

Post by Pine » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:41 pm

Oooh fun!!!

Hewwo, I'm Pine, and I use she/her pronouns! I started reading homestuck in the autumn of 2015, and caught up the day act 7 came out, which was super cool :o

I haven't been very active in the homestuck community (i haven't even used a forum before this one!) but um, I'm super into classpect, and i'm a prospit bard of breath! I also like to draw art, though not very often, and I like to make fun voices!

My favorite homestuck character is John!!!!!!

I'm excited to see what this new adventure will be like!! :orange:
Prospit bard of breath!! :orange:

sillyConformist
Classpect: Page of Heart

Post by sillyConformist » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:14 pm

Greetings.
I am sillyConformist. I started reading Homestuck during the Gigapause days, and I'll probably be keeping up with Hiveswap and Homestuck^2 as they continue.

I spent some time in the original forums, and I was hanging around the Omegaupate forums before this forum came online. I'm mostly a lurker, so you probably won't see too much of me around, but I plan to be here none the less.
Interrobang‽

Unrumble
Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Unrumble » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:33 pm

Hello !

I'm Vyvyan, I'm 19 and I use they/them. I got in to homestuck late 2013. I used to lurk on the old boards and I've never been very active in the fandom but I'm hoping to change that !
Other than homestuck I like sci-fi, trashy horror and romance novels, and moomin ( amongst a myriad of other things )

Hope you're all having a nice day / night :rorb:
Last edited by Unrumble on Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
:rosecool: Lepio || Rogue of Light || Prospit Dreamer :rosecool:

CaariOsamu

Post by CaariOsamu » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:36 pm

Hello! I'm Carro (27, they/them)! :rosecool:

I've been into Homestuck since I started reading in 2011 and have mostly been a lurker in the fandom until around the end of Homestuck proper in 2016, where I finally read Problem Sleuth and started making fanart and roleplaying! HS means more than I can say to me. I absolutely loved the Epilogues, love HS^2 and all of the Hiveswap/Friendsim/Pesterquest content, and am so thrilled to see where the story goes from here!

Though I do a little writing and roleplaying here or there, I primarily make fanart, most of which you can see on my art twitter or tumblr under the name of spektorrose! I might post some here eventually, but I'm mostly just excited to be on my first forum in ages!

My favorite characters are Dirk and Rose!

Other than Homestuck, I love horror (games, movies, books), magical girls, vampires, and D&D! (Full-time DM, haha!)

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:40 pm

In June 2012, my involvement in an alleged K2 tax avoidance scheme came to light after an investigation by The Times newspaper. The scheme was understood to involve local earners "quitting" their job and signing new employment contracts with offshore shell companies based in the low tax jurisdiction of Jersey. UK's Then-Prime Minister David Cameron commented on the issue: "People work hard, they pay their taxes, they save up to go to one of Morgan's shows. They buy the tickets. She is taking the money from those tickets and she, as far as I can see, is putting all of that into some very dodgy tax avoiding schemes." I subsequently pulled out of the scheme, apologizing for "a terrible error of judgement".
Image Perfection.

Holly

Post by Holly » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi im Holly, oldie but a goldie!!! I joined the original forum in 2011 and although i havent been active in the fandom for quite a while, the forum layout is making me incredibly nostalgic (love these guys!!!! :cal: :cool3d: :jadesob: :candycorn: ) and i wanted to join the fun!

MatthewHMay

Post by MatthewHMay » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:00 pm

My name is M@ and I'm hear to say :cool:
I'm gonna shill this game in a major way :cool3d:

for real though I'm a guy who got into HS just a bit too late to see the OG MSPA Forums and is excited to see whats gonna go down in here
Endless War: A Textbased MMO RPG playable via discord https://discord.gg/mtSRXek

vriska_zone

Post by vriska_zone » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Hi!! Y'all can call me Vriska (I don't wanna share my irl name lol). I'm 17, and I began reading Homestuck in late 2013 (my parents probably shouldn't've let me on the internet that early >::::P), but I only really became more active in the fandom in late 2014. I've recently begun making actual content for HS, and I'm excited to see what the future holds >::::].
vriska || 17 || she/they || muse of light

twt: @vriskaZone

Roxy
Classpect: Mage of Mind

Post by Roxy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Hiya howdy! I'm Roxy, but you can call me frog if you prefer, its what im used to on most platforms. i started readying homestuck wayyyyy before i should've back in summer 2013, and have been an avid lurker since. I roleplayed a little bit but was very bad at it and would likely never disclose anything i said back then. given that i only started reading 4 years after its release and all i ever did was lurk, I feel like a bit of a fake fan, so I definitely look forward to participating a lot more actively during Homestuck 2: dirklectric boogaloo.
I'm a REAL TEXAN, use STRONG LANGUAGE a little bit too often, and man do I love to DRUM. Band Gang.
I don't know dude, i just- I just drink blood dude
I'm going to dismantle the concept of government

Levenfish

Post by Levenfish » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:54 pm

Hoi, I'm Levenfish, real name is well it's a long story, foreign names and all, I'm sure my parents didn't mean to give me a name that means penis in English, but anyway. I'm 23 (he/him), and I started reading Homestuck... don't recall the year, but I caught up during Doc Scratch's scrapbooking in the Felt Manor. I did a few fanadventures on the original forums, one of which I revived earlier tonight. I've been active in the fringes of the community (fringe of a fringe? I know, shocking), but well, here's hoping this becomes the bustling hub it was in the old days!

Also before I forget, it's nice to meet all of you! I'm not good with names, but I can take the time to look them up from before, because yay for search histories.

cygnus413
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Heart

Post by cygnus413 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Hey!! I'm Fae (they/them, 22, heir of heart). I've been semi-active on MSPFA, twitter (@piromantic) and reddit (Cygnus314) for a while, and I'm really excited that Homestuck finally has a forum again! I may mostly lurk out of sheer lack of time (I'm a grad student and it's kind of turning out to be hell), but I really look forward to seeing this community grow. :rorb:

I read Homestuck in 2017 and have been writing a fanventure (413 AC) since then. I have a ton of fancomic recommendations, but have not yet read through Vast Error. My favorite character is..... hm. there's a lot? Rose, John/June, Davepeta, Jade, Dirk, Calliope, Aranea, etc. yeah.

Outside of Homestuck - I just started The Magnus Archives, and am working my way through Sailor Moon and some of the Transformers comics.
Fae • they/them • 22 • Heir of Heart
twitter: @piromantic

nuclear333
Pronouns: They/them
Classpect: Rogue of Void

Post by nuclear333 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:28 pm

hey, im june! (they/she, 20, heir of life)
i got into homestuck in early 2014, and it's since been an inescapable aspect of my life that i cant live without. i started making homestuck stuff (read: content beyond shitty fanart) in 2016 after the comic ended, by uploading videos under the guise of a siivagunner-style homestuck channel. those videos werent always very good, but they led to me joining canwc and making actual music and my own comic [Music: https://nuclear333.bandcamp.com/ |Comic: https://inhospitablecomic.mspfa.com/ ], which im quite happy about. basically all of my friends ive made through the comic, and i love all of them dearly, and i hope to maybe make some new ones on here! ive never actually used a forum before, so this is a bit exciting for me.

other notes:
-i really really really dislike the epilogues and thus inherently hs2 as well
-twitter is @nueclear333
They/She • Rogue of Void • TwitterThe Commbo Backups