Introductions Thread: A Brave New World

All words, all the time.
calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom
Moon: Derse

Re: Introductions Thread: A Brave New World

Post by calamityCons » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:17 pm

I found it through TVTropes! It was a picture of Rose hugging Maplehoof to illustrate the “All Girls Love Ponies” trope. I thought it was adorable, clicked it, saw the Ride flash, and fell down the rabbit hole lol.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

eldritchCorvus
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Prospit

Post by eldritchCorvus » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:47 am

Hey, I've haven't introduced myself yet, but I'm eldritchCrovus, or EC for short, I've just finished reading homestuck and now I have no idea what to do expect roleplay until I find a new fandom
I'm the local alien ceiling cat

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:53 am

I'm a person (I think).
I'm old.
I was on the old HS forums, but barely. I started reading the comic around the tail end of Act 5, when Doc Scratch took over the viewport and Terezi killed Vriska.

I did not like Act 6-forward. I did like the epilogues. I'm on the fence about HS2.

I draw things. Almost none of those things are HS related (except for my avatars), but I feel it's worth mentioning anyway.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

candiedCatnip
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Witch of Breath

Post by candiedCatnip » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:00 am

Hey, how's it going? I've known about homestuck and dabbled in it a little bit since aound 2012-2013 ish.

But I didn't become truly obsessed with homestuck until about a year ago, when I played through Hiveswap Friendsim. That game had the biggest emotional impact of any I've ever played. I still think about the characters a lot to this day.

Anyway, right now I'm obsessed with making fantrolls. I found a great website called Farragofiction.com that lets you generate/design fantrolls! I'm having a great time letting my imagination run wild with it.

It's great to be here among other homestuck fans and I hope we will get along really well! :kitty:

gallowsCalibrator
Classpect: Seerwitch of Mindlight

Post by gallowsCalibrator » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:30 am

greetings, dunklords.

i'm terezi, or tez to avoid confusion. this isn't like a meta rp thing, just the name i've gone by on the internet for years now and it kinda stuck

i started reading hs in 2013, finished act 1, and said fuck this. then i read it again slowly through october 2015 to may 2016. funnily enough as i didn't interact with the fanbase at the time, i thought the comic was already over when i began it again, and ended up completely missing the act 7 animation update as a result lmao

fun facts:
- i like to draw sometimes and cosplay and read fanadventures.
- i was born with my eyes crossed
- candy corn is tasty you guys are just mean
:pumpkin: <— THAT pumpkin.

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:05 pm

gallowsCalibrator wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:30 am
... candy corn is tasty you guys are just mean
Candy corn fucking sucks don't @ me. Swedish fish is where the shit is at
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:53 pm

@RiddleFiddle

Candy Corn is delicious you're just WEAK

gallowsCalibrator
Classpect: Seerwitch of Mindlight

Post by gallowsCalibrator » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:40 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:05 pm
gallowsCalibrator wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:30 am
... candy corn is tasty you guys are just mean
Candy corn fucking sucks don't @ me. Swedish fish is where the shit is at

ok swedish fish are admittedly, delicious. defishious? insert feferi joke here.
but candy corn rocks just as much and if you disagree your taste buds are either weak like broby said or you've been eating the wrong candy corn my friend!
:pumpkin: <— THAT pumpkin.

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:16 pm

It gives me heartburn uwu
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

Smolmuffin
Pronouns: he,they, fe/fer
Classpect: Page of Heart

Post by Smolmuffin » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:34 pm

Hi! You can call me Smol but some of my closer friends might know me as Harrison or Dandelion. I'm 20 and have been in the fandom for several years. I was on the old forums for a bit until they shut down. Discovered Homestuck around 2012-2013 thanks to a friend at school, didn't catch up until two months before the Gigapause.

Not 100% into Homestuck as I used to be since my mind has shifted to other fandoms but you know the drill... its very hard to completely leave the fandom. I don't really have any specific favorite characters or acts. Not a big fan of the Epilogues but I'm enjoying HS^2 and Pesterquest and Hiveswap seem fun so far.

I'm a nonbinary disaster hahah. Might not be super active here since I'm shy in new places.

DErdrick
Classpect: Heir of Light

Post by DErdrick » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:49 pm

Hello!

I'm Jason, and I'm an older Homestuck. I was first exposed to MSPA back in college during Problem Sleuth, but lost track do to, well, college.

My friends got me into Homestuck after Cascade, and I've been HERE FOREVER ever since.

I used to make Homestuck videos on YouTube, but my migraines took away all my time. It also makes my activity unpredictable.

As an older Homestuck I tend to take a more parental role towards the characters. I kin Dad Egbert/Crocker and wish for the safety and happiness of all of Homestuck's fans and characters.

Pleased to meet 'cha!

Mandy

Post by Mandy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:18 pm

Hello all. I went by MandalorTeSiit on the old forums. I started reading during the Gigapause, and absolutely loved it, but I kind of fell out of touch once the old forums got deleted. I decided to reread it when I heard about Homestuck 2. Found this place, thought I'd give it a try again.

I might not be too active on the main sections until I'm caught up again, but it's good to be back.

trying
Classpect: Rogue of Breath

Post by trying » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:57 pm

Hi All

I'm mostly making this post so my post count isn't 1 when I make the other post I want to make.
I really liked homestuck, I like the hs2 art direction, but the plot and writing leave something to be desired for me.

I like programming :cool3d: :cool3d: and skateboarding :olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty: :olliesouty:

NoirCore
Classpect: Sylph of Space

Post by NoirCore » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:25 pm

Sheesh, it's been a LONG time since I've been on a phpbb forum. At least now I'm actually older and more mature than I was during those times. :P

But yeah, I'm NoirCore, or just Noir, and I go by he/him pronouns. I'm also autistic and aromantic, and I also support the LGBT+ community in their fight for their rights.

I'm somewhat of a newer HS fan, having gotten into it in late 2018 and getting into the epilogues and HS^2 with fresh knowledge of the comic, helped by a podcast and sorta hanging around said podcast's Discord. I'm also a Vast Error fan and chill at that Discord as well. I'm not good at evaluating plots or characters or such and I'm easily impressible, but I enjoyed HS, was alright with the epilogues and I'm liking HS^2 so far. Hiveswap and the two Friendsim games are also a delight (especially with PQ's fleshing out of the trolls), and I enjoy the great art from all the artists. Some of my favorite characters include Egbert, Roxy, Nepeta, and Feferi, and I just like the potential character designs of trolls in general.

I haven't really shown them publicly as of this post, but I've also been infected by the troll OC creation bug, and while I'm a slow artist still in need of experience and tips, I'm pretty content with my works!

Outside of HS, I usually can be seen in fan circles for mid to smaller YouTubers/Twitch streamers, such as The Runaway Guys as a group and individually (who are Chuggaaconroy, ProtonJon, NintendoCapriSun) as well as plenty of their friends. I'm a fan of stuff like Fire Emblem, Dungeons and Dragons, the Xenoblade games, pro wrestling, sports (particularly Pittsburgh teams, though I'd rather not get as toxic as how they usually go), and some more stuff escaping my mind or is probably a big brand. I also enjoy pizza, but I'm picky about where it's from. Actually, I'm picky about eating food in general; I'm more used to getting what I know I like.

Finally, wash your hands, clean your space, don't get physically close to others, and disinfect your phone. Those things get pretty dirty. Yuck. :T

uranianUmbra
Classpect: Maid of Breath

Post by uranianUmbra » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:20 pm

hello! i am uranianUmbra, i am an archival reader of homestUck and have been a fan for maybe two years now, bUt it has been very fUn. ^u^ i loved the original and i am enjoying all of the new content being pUt oUt too. i was excited when i heard an mspa forUm had been relaUnched! (i also jUst find callie’s qUirk fUn to type hehe) :orange:

uranianUmbra
Classpect: Maid of Breath

Post by uranianUmbra » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:33 pm

uranianUmbra wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:20 pm
hello! i am uranianUmbra, i am an archival reader of homestUck and have been a fan for maybe two years now, bUt it has been very fUn. ^u^ i loved the original and i am enjoying all of the new content being pUt oUt too. i was excited when i heard an mspa forUm had been relaUnched! (i also jUst find callie’s qUirk fUn to type hehe) :orange:
oops just read the rules about quirks, sorry folks! i’ll refrain from them under most circumstances now :U

Cr0ssCutter
Pronouns: He, They
Classpect: Heir of Heart

Post by Cr0ssCutter » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi I'm Cross, or Trigger, or the shit ton of other names i give myself but most notably i'm that one guy you'll call an edgy dumbass, I've been into homestuck for... what, 6 years or so? It's something very dear to me as anyone can assume since i'm here bluh bluh bluh

I make stuff like animations, music and comics if i have enough energy to. I have a fanadventure called selfstuck too which i update as much as i can. What else is there to say, I like discussing classpects and other sburb/story related things like theories and analysis of characters and plot points.

That's about it really, I came here in hopes of feeling more involved in this community and because i am so UNBELIEVABLY bored all the time, so let's hope it'll be fun to be here.

homeStank
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by homeStank » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:26 pm

Hello, I am Sonia and I couldn't think of a cool thematic username so you're getting this instead!
I found out about homestuck through undertale and also was vaguely aware of it's existence due to being on the internet in 2013. I wasn't big in the actual fandom, but I read it all and talked about it with friends! My favourite character is Terezi, and I actually like Homestuck^2, I think it's doing something interesting with it's characters, whether accurate to the original homestuck or not is something I am Bad At Noticing.
Also I missed forums, as like, a form of media. It's nice. I like it here.

rocketandonuts

Post by rocketandonuts » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:09 am

My fwiend cwoss got me here. Hi im rocket! English isn't my native language but i stumbled upon homestuck and made a buncha friends and stuff and here i am now.

Now im honestly more into mspfa or other hs fan projects. I have a fanventure called "Hivelost" and it'll be very cool of you if you can give it a try lol

and now that my intro has come to an end imma go snyoop around cya owo

dg125
Pronouns: Man™
Classpect: Bard of Space

Post by dg125 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:42 pm

sup. im dg. i create that blob adventure you've seen on the fadv board.

started webcomicing on drawception of all places.

but you know, i guess im okay at what i do
DG WAS HERE